Collecting Personal Data
4. We will collect personal data, such as name, email address,date of birth and geographical address of users of the Site either automatically when you register, or as otherwise provided by you to us. The personal data that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal data. You must not register under someone else’s name. Please keep your log-in details confidential. You are responsible for all activity under your account.
5. When you use the Site, we automatically collect and store information about your device and your activities. This information could include (a) your computer or other device’s unique ID number; (b) your mobile device’s geographic location; (c) your IP address; (d) technical information about your device such as type of device, web browser or operating system; (e) your preferences and settings such as time zone and language; (f) how long you used the Site and which services and features you used.
Use of your personal data
7. Otherwise, we do not share personal data with others except (a) when we inform you and you agree to having your personal data shared; (b) to allow advertisers and advertising networks to collect information about your computer or mobile device, activities, and geographic location to enable them to display targeted ads to you; (c) to respond to legal requirements (including under the Data Protection Act 1998 as amended, or its local equivalent) or protect a third party’s rights, property, or safety; (d) to any service providers, sub-contractors and agents that we may appoint to perform functions on our behalf and in accordance with our instruction; and (e) inconnection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company.
8. We shall not transfer personal data outside of the European Economic Area without your prior written consent .
9. We also collect data relating to your dog that you upload to the Site. We may use your dog data to allow advertisers and advertising networks to display targeted ads to you. We may also share your dog data with third parties for research and general business purposes.
9. When you provide your personal data to us, you expressly consent to receive marketing emails and messages from us. You can choose to no longer receive marketing emails and messages from us by notifying us by email at email@example.com or by clicking ‘Unsubscribe’ on our marketing emails.
10. We shall therefore retain your personal data in our records for marketing purposes until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive marketing emails and messages from us.
12. A cookie is a small text file containing a unique identification number that is transferred (through your browser) from a website to the hard drive of your computer. The cookie identifies your browser but will not let a website know any personal data about you, such as your name and/or address. These files are then used by websites to identify when users revisit that website.
13. The Site uses a session cookie (PHPSESSID) so that we can recognize you when you return and personalize your settings and preferences. Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. You can change your browser settings either to notify you when you have received a cookie, or to refuse to accept cookies. Please note that this Site may not operate efficiently if you refuse to accept cookies. We also use Google Analytics to monitor how the Site is used. Google Analytics collects information anonymously and generates reports detailing information such as the number of visits to the Site, where visitors generally came from, how long they stayed on the Site, and which pages they visited. Google Analytics places several persistent cookies on your computer’s hard drive. These do not collect any personal data. If you do not agree to this you can disable persistent cookies in your browser. This will prevent Google Analytics from logging your visits.
14. We take appropriate technical and organizational measures against unauthorised or unlawful processing of your personal information and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage, to personal information. The technology that we use and the security policies which we have implemented are intended to safeguard your information from unauthorised access and improper use. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your personal information, we do not promise that your personal information, or other interactions with the Site, other users or us will always remain secure.
15. You have the right to obtain from us a copy of the personal data that we hold for you, and to require us to correct errors in the personal data that we process for you if it is inaccurate or incomplete. You also have the right at any time to require that we delete your personal data, but you acknowledge that if we do so, your account will terminate.To exercise these rights, or any other rights you may have under applicable laws, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
PAWER – Acceptable Use Policy
PAWER provides a friendly, supportive and considerate environment where users can comment, exchange opinion and information and connect with each other. Users should ensure that they comply with this Acceptable Use Policy and acknowledge that PAWER may take such action as it deems appropriate for any failure to do so, including removal of any User Content.
User Content must not:
- contain any images showing dogs in distress or pain or of dog cruelty or torture;
- offer dogs for sale;
- include any content which promotes fraudulent, obscene, pornographic, or illegal activities; promotes violence or hatred; or is discriminatory of any group of people; is sexually explicit; or is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- include any copyrights, database rights, trade marks or other intellectual property rights that do not belong to you, unless you have the written consent of the owner of such rights;
- include any personal insults or attacks including deliberately flaming other users in a manner that might incite or perpetuate a conflict or argument;
- encourage or otherwise deliberately or recklessly involve any breaches of applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice and/or guidelines;
- interfere with the access, use or enjoyment of the systems of Pawer or any third party, including causing greater demand on the systems than is deemed by us reasonable;
- harvest or otherwise collect non-public information about another user obtained through the Site (including email addresses), without the prior written consent of the holder of the appropriate rights to such information;
- add a member to your email or physical mailing list without their consent after adequate disclosure, or use their email address or contact details for antisocial, disruptive, or destructive purposes;
- use another’s User Content, including by deep-linking, redistributing or facilitating the redistribution of another User’s Content;
- include any review or comment that is deliberately dishonest or false.