2. We reserve the right to update these Terms from time to time at our discretion. We may do so for technical or legal reasons, or because the needs of our business have changed. You agree that if you do not accept any amendment to our Terms then you shall immediately stop accessing and/or using the Site. Updated Terms will be effective as soon as they are accessible. You are responsible for regularly reviewing these Terms so that you are aware of any changes to them.
3. You may not access and/or use the Site if you are located in China, Taiwan, Vietnam, Mexico, South Korea, North Korea and/or Japan.
4. The Site allows users to create a profile for their dogs, create public events and to interact with other users. You may also upload details of products or services relating to dogs that you offer for sale, and other users may agree to purchase such goods and/or services. For the purposes of these Terms, a Seller uploads details to the Site of goods and/or services for sale and a Buyer agrees to buy such products and/or services from such a Seller.
Registering on PAWER
5. If you wish to register at the Site you must be at least 18 years old and be legally able to enter into a contract.
6. When you register at the Site you can create a username and password. You are responsible for keeping your password confidential and you are responsible for any activity under your account. Please take precautions to protect your password and contact us immediately by email at email@example.com. If you believe there has been any unauthorised use of your account. You should exit from your account at the end of each session. We are not liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this paragraph 6.
7. All content you upload to the Site, including in relation to your dog profile, products and/or services you offer for sale and all reviews, must comply with our Acceptable Use Policy [link].
8. You grant a non-exclusive, royalty free, transferable licence to us to reproduce your User Content on the Site and in our marketing materials for the Site.
9. We are not responsible and accept no liability for User Content including any User Content that contains incorrect information. We accept no obligation to screen, edit or monitor any User Content but we reserve the right to remove, screen and/or edit any User Content without notice and at any time. We do not necessarily endorse any opinion or statement contained in any User Content.
Buying and Selling on the Site
10. All interactions between a Buyer and a Seller must take place through the Site and must be in English. However, to the extent that a Seller is to provide services to a Buyer we strongly recommend that the Buyer and Seller meet before they agree to enter into a contract for the provision of services to ensure suitability. Users understand that whilst we do use reasonable endeavours to investigate the products and services described on the Site, there is a limit to how thoroughly we can investigate the backgrounds of other users or check the information provided by users. You agree to take all necessary precautions in all interactions with other users, particularly if you meet in person. We shall have no liability to you whatsoever in relation to your interactions with other users. We recommend that you follow the UK government guidelines set out here: https://www.getsafeonline.org/social-networking.
11. In all interactions with a Buyer, a Seller must act in accordance with all applicable laws, including where applicable, the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 and the Consumer Rights Act 2015 or local consumer law. In any case, Sellers agree to deliver products or supply services promptly, and Buyers agree to pay for a product or services promptly. Buyers acknowledge and agree that a Seller may only agree to provide products and/or services on their own terms of sale and supply, and that Pawer shall have no liability for the provisions of such terms.
13. We do not act as principal in any transaction, nor as agent for either party, nor are we party to any binding agreement between users for the purchase and sale of products and/or services. Our role and responsibility is limited to enabling the introduction between users and to facilitate the payment of fees.
14. Buyers acknowledge and agree that we cannot reasonably verify the accuracy of all information provided by a Seller. Accordingly, Pawer does not make any representation or warranty (a) as to the ability, competence, or quality of a Seller, its goods and/or services; and/or (b) that the information provided by a Seller is true, accurate, current and/or complete. It is up to a Buyer to satisfy itself that the Seller, its product and/or services are appropriate and suitable for its requirements.
15. Following receipt of products and/or provision of the services as appropriate, a Buyer will be asked to rate the products and/or services provided by a Seller. You review must comply with the Acceptable Use Policy [link].
16. If there is any dispute between a Seller and a Buyer, each of the Seller and the Buyer should contact each other and Pawer. Pawer will not resolve any dispute, but we ask that you keep us up to date with a dispute in order that we can monitor the provision of products and/or services by a Seller and the actions of a Buyer.
Use of the Site
17. The Site is made available for your own use. The Site must not be used for any illegal or unauthorised purpose. When you use the Site you must comply with all applicable laws. In particular, you agree not to try to gain unauthorised access to the Site or any networks, servers or computer systems connected to the Site and/or reproduce, redistribute, sell, create derivative works from, decompile, reverse engineer, or disassemble all or part of the Site save to the extent expressly permitted by law not capable of lawful exclusion.
18. The copyright in all material contained in the Site including all information, data, text, images and software is owned by or licensed to Pawer (Site Content). All rights are reserved. You can view, print or download extracts of the Content for your own use but you cannot otherwise copy, edit, vary, reproduce, publish, display, distribute, store, transmit, commercially exploit, disseminate in any form whatsoever or use the Site Content without our permission.
19. The Site may contain links to websites operated by third parties. We do not have any influence or control over any such third party websites and we are not responsible for and do not endorse any third party websites or their availability or content.
20. We accept no responsibility for adverts contained within the Site. If you agree to purchase goods and/or services from any third party who advertises in the Site, you do so at your own risk. The advertiser, and not Pawer, is responsible for such goods and/or services and if you have any questions or complaints in relation to them, you should contact the advertiser.
21. If you believe any Site Content infringes your copyright or other intellectual property right, please send the following information to us at the address set out above or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org (a) a description of the copyright work that you claim has been infringed, including the URL (Internet address) or other specific location on the Site where the material that you claim has been infringed is located. Include enough information to allow us to locate the material, and explain why you think an infringement has taken place; (b) a description of the location where the original or an authorised copy of the copyright work exists – for example, the URL (Internet address) where it is posted or the name of the book in which it has been published; (c) your address, telephone number and e-mail address; (d) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorised by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; (e) a statement by you that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorised to act on the copyright owner’s behalf; and (f) an electronic or physical signature of the owner of the copyright or the person authorised to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest.
Liability and disclaimer – Your attention is particularly drawn to these provisions
22. Use of the Site is at your own risk. The Site is provided on an “as is